Meta owned instant messaging app WhatsApp is one of the popular social networking apps in the world. It became the golden goose for Meta after the launch of its “Status” feature in February. The new feature allows users to post images, videos, and GIFs that completely disappear after 24 hours. Users and experts from all over the world immediately referred to the function as a “clone” of Snapchat Stories. Usage of the feature is gradually increasing and becoming lovable among most of the people.
WhatsApp Status updates are temporary by nature. There is no “official” way to save these media files on WhatsApp status. Some people take screenshots of image status updates. In case of video status, it is not possible. Even screenshots cannot maintain an image’s superiorquality as WhatsApp does. The question lies, how can you download a status video for WhatsApp or save a status?
WhatsApp Status Images and Videos Can Be Saved or Copied
There are two simple methods for WhatsApp status download. The first method involves using a special app and the second method includes manual process. If you need to occasionally save the image states, the latter option is ideal. Below is a detailed explanation of how to save a photo from Whatsapp:
#1 Downloading WhatsApp Status Manually
Locally on the phone, WhatsApp stores the data like WhatsApp videos and photos, WhatsApp stories, WhatsApp status, and status videos. Yet, these disappear within a day. To save them to a safe place, you can copy them out of the temporary folder. This is how:
You must use a File Manager application to complete this. It comes pre-installed on the majority of Android phones, such as Samsung, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, and OnePlus. Search for an application called “Files” or “File Manager” to find it. If not, you can download and utilize Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer. Here is the case, for example, on Nokia Android phones.
- Take a look at the WhatsApp video status that you want to save. The phone’s storage will create a temporary replica of the same as a result.
- You must enable showing hidden files in your file manager’s options. Users of Solid Explorer can use this instruction to enable hidden files.
- Open your File Manager application, such as Solid Explorer, Files, or File Manager.
Set “display hidden files” to on.
- Go to Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > to access the WhatsApp folder.
- The images or videos you want to save should be copied.
- Copy them and paste them into another folder.
- That’s it! The stored WhatsApp videos or photos will be kept on file indefinitely. By navigating to the folder where they were copied, you can access them later.
Also read: How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail
#2 Using a Specialized App to Save WhatsApp Status
By using third-party app, you can store your friend’s WhatsApp status without having to deal with the complexities. The app will automatically gather the statuses you’ve seen and present them to you in a neatly ordered fashion.
- Open WhatsApp and view the statuses you want to download or preserve.
- On your Android device, Open the Play Store and install ‘Status Saver’. You may also open it in your browser or the Play Store by clicking the link here: Play Store.
- Give the app permission to access your device’s images, media, and files. The app will read the storage in this manner in order to get WhatsApp Status photos automatically.
- Tap the Save icon after choosing the pictures or videos you want to save.
Any photos or videos you save will be kept on your phone’s internal storage.